The sport of pickleball will succeed best if its players embrace the values of good sportsmanship. It is essential that all Seattle Metro Pickleball Association members and volunteers model good behavior, lead by example, display respect and show self-control.
Every person involved in pickleball (participant, official, volunteer, representative of the Seattle Metro Pickleball Association or spectator) pledges as follows:
- I will not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct or encourage others to do so.
- I will not engage in any behavior that would endanger the health, safety or wellbeing of others.
- I will not engage in the use of profanity.
- I will treat others with respect.
- I will exhibit fairness and honesty in my dealings with others.
- I will not flaunt my position.
- I will not use Seattle Metro Pickleball Association records or materials for personal gain.
- I will not disrupt or interfere with the efforts of the Seattle Metro Pickleball Association to promote the sport of pickleball.
The above Code applies in all situations that relate directly or indirectly to pickleball play.