The Seattle Metro Pickleball Association exists
- To improve and increase pickleball facilities in the greater Seattle metro area
- To advocate for the sport of pickleball and be the unified voice for pickleball players when we approach parks and recreation departments
- To facilitate access and opportunity to play for persons of all ages and abilities in a welcoming, inclusive, and healthy environment
What can SMPA do for you?
Seattle Metro Pickleball Association (SMPA) is your voice in speaking up to the city or county parks departments to ask for pickleball facilities, more court time indoors, and work to develop dedicated pickleball facilities. SMPA is why Green Lake pickleball courts exist for the 50+ players there each Saturday and Sunday. SMPA is why there are semipermanent pickleball nets popping up at lined tennis courts. An SMPA founder was key to the city of Shoreline creating the lined courts at Shoreview. When we speak, the cities listen.
On the fun side of things, SMPA hosts meet and greets and pickleball skills clinics to help you meet other pickleball players, improve your playing skills, and grow pickleball.
Why belong to SMPA?
You may be only one player, however your voice matters, and as Seattle Metro Pickleball Association (SMPA) approaches the Seattle Parks and Recreation to advocate lining underutilized tennis courts, or plead for more indoor playing time, and ultimately to develop dedicated pickleball facilities, your participation as a member is critical.
The Seattle Metro Pickleball Association (SMPA) started with a bang as we rallied local pickleball players to attend Parks Board meetings to ask for City support to create more outdoor pickleball facilities. Following that lively appearance at the Parks Board, we have:
- Actively engaged with the City of Seattle Parks and Recreation to improve pickleball access
- Increased the number of courts in the Parks Department Pickleball Pilot program from two to seven venues with 24 lined pickleball courts throughout Seattle
- Organized as a nonprofit, elected Directors, and grown the membership to 200 and counting
- Held well-attended Pickleball in the Park events to introduce ourselves and engage local pickleball players
The SMPA Board of Directors continues to reach out to and meet with the metro area civic governments as we lead the charge to create more pickleball playing opportunities and events in the Seattle metro area and beyond.
We invite all Seattle metro area pickleball players to JOIN our organization in the pursuit of FUN, FITNESS, and FRIENDSHIP.
Visit us on Facebook. And before you go, consider pressing the button to join our organization and help grow pickleball in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.