Top-ranked pickleball pro Tyson McGuffin will host the pickleball pre-party and throw out the first pitch on Saturday, September 30th at T-Mobile Park when the Mariners take on the Texas Rangers.
The Seattle Metro Pickleball Association is excited to announce that Tyson McGuffin will be hosting Mariners Pickleball Night. Come meet Tyson McGuffin at the pre-game party and watch him throw out the first pitch on Saturday, September 30th on the last weekend of the regular season.
Tyson McGuffin was born in Washington state’s scenic Lake Chelan and is one of the top professional pickleball athletes in the world.
Pickleball fans will be seated in sections 112 through 116 on the main level. The game starts at 6:40 pm, but pre-game festivities will begin on the Rooftop Boardwalk of T-Mobile Park when the gates open around 5:10 pm. The Rooftop Boardwalk is located on upper level near section 330 above the Home Plate Rotunda (Home Plate Gate on the stadium map).
Specially priced tickets of $40 include seats in the pickleball section on game day, limited-edition Mariners-themed pickleball t-shirts and access to the Rooftop Boardwalk pickleball party, where Tyson McGuffin will be meeting fans, taking photos and signing memorabilia. Selkirk paddles will be raffled off during the event.
Selkirk will be joining us with special giveaways, including foam replicas of Tyson’s new Selkirk paddle for the first lucky 800 fans. Tukwila-based InnovAsian Foods, specializing in Asian cuisine, will also provide attendees with giveaways, including special baseball caps.
Fans can try out the latest Selkirk paddles on the dinking court. This is not a full-sized court due to space limitations, but that didn’t stop players from staging a few games last year.
This is a great opportunity for the pickleball community to gather and mingle with their friends and get better acquainted with the regulars they see on the courts and at tournaments. The dinking court is adjacent to two food and beverage trucks, with seating available to relax, eat and take in the party.
Three dollars of every ticket sold will benefit the Seattle Metro Pickleball Association. Tickets can be purchased on the Mariners website here.
The pickleball community from Vancouver, BC brought some spice last year with their signs and we hope to see them again.
SMPA invites the pickleball community to make a weekend of it. The Legends Autumn Classic pickleball tournament, hosted by Glen Peterson, will be held from September 28th to October 1st at the Gorin Tenis Center in Redmond. This tournament is expected to draw 800 players to the area to compete.
Seniors competing Thursday and Friday can stay to attend Mariners Pickleball Night on Saturday. Younger players will compete on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday play will end by 3 pm, giving competitors time to drive over and meet Tyson after the tournament. Legends Autumn Classic registration opens July 1st on Pickleballbrackets.com.
Things to remember:
- The pre-game party is on the Rooftop Boardwalk near section 330 above the Home Plate Rotunda (Home Plate Gate on the stadium map). It starts at 5:10 pm and ends at 6:30 pm, shortly before the game begins. You’ll want to be in your seats to watch Tyson throw out the first pitch.
- Mariners Pickleball Night t-shirts must be picked up from Section 339 before the end of the third inning on game day. See the stadium map above.
- A group purchase of 20+ tickets is not subject to additional fees or taxes, simply a flat rate of $40 per ticket. Your group’s name will be briefly displayed on the scoreboard after the 4th inning and the buyer will receive two complimentary tickets to a 2023 regular season home game.
- The Rooftop Boardwalk dinking court is not a full size pickleball court due to space limitations.
- Tickets are 100% digital and can ONLY be downloaded and transferred to you, friends and family on the MLB Ballpark app or through Ticketmaster. You cannot transfer tickets via photo image due to unique QR codes. One other option is the willcall booth.
- Do not bring pickleball paddles into the stadium. They are considered weapons (yes, we know!) and will not be admitted. Demo paddles will be supplied, and raffle winners will have their prize paddles mailed to them.
- Arrive early. The stadium is expected to sell-out, as this is the last weekend of the regular season. There will be traffic.
- Consider eating before the game. There will be long lines for food and drink, and certain items may sell out.
- Consider reserving a game-day parking spot on a site like SpotHero.
- Only clear purses, clear bags or clear backpacks are allowed in the stadium per the gate and bag policy. No purse, no matter how small, will be allowed. People will be turned away from the gates if they fail to comply with this stadium rule.
- If you have special access needs, such as a wheelchair, you must contact Alexa Olague before the game at (206) 346-4506 to inquire about special seating arrangements.
- SMPA will supply laundry pens for those wanting a permanent signature on their MPN t-shirts, Selkirk foam paddles and InnovAsian baseball hats (limited quantity of foam paddles and hats).
- Raffle is free for Mariners Pickleball Night ticket holders, but you must be present at the pre-game pickleball party to enter.