Top-ranked pickleball pro Tyson McGuffin will host the pickleball pre-game party and throw out the first pitch on Saturday, September 30th at T-Mobile Park when the Mariners take on the Texas Rangers.
The Seattle Metro Pickleball Association is excited to announce that Tyson McGuffin will be hosting Mariners Pickleball Night. Come meet Tyson McGuffin at the pre-game party and watch him throw out the first pitch on Saturday, September 30th on the last weekend of the regular season.
Tyson McGuffin was born in Washington state’s scenic Lake Chelan and is one of the top professional pickleball athletes in the world.
Pickleball fans will be seated in sections 111 through 116 on the main level. The Mariners vs Texas Rangers game starts at 4:15 pm. The pre-game festivities will begin on the Rooftop Boardwalk of T-Mobile Park when the gates open at 2:45 pm. The gates are currently scheduled to open 90 minutes prior to the game but could open up to 2 hours before game. Check the Mariners website for updates on gate opening time.
The Rooftop Boardwalk is located on upper level near section 330 above the Home Plate Rotunda (Home Plate Gate on the stadium map).
Specially priced tickets of $40 include seats in the pickleball section on game day, limited-edition Mariners-themed pickleball t-shirts and access to the Rooftop Boardwalk pickleball party, where Tyson McGuffin will be meeting fans, taking photos and signing memorabilia. Fans can try out the latest Selkirk paddles on the dinking court and gather to listen to Tyson give a tip or two about dominance at the NVZ. This is not a full-sized court due to space limitations, but that didn’t stop players from staging a few games last year.
Mariners Pickleball Night fans who come to the Rooftop Deck will receive a foam paddle replica of Tyson’s signature Selkirk paddle (while supplies last). There will also be a free raffle for Selkirk paddles, including Tyson’s signature paddle. This year, Pickleball Central is bringing some pickleball games and will have some giveaways. AARP will be joining us as well.
This is a great opportunity for the pickleball community to gather and mingle with their friends and get better acquainted with the regulars they see on the courts and at tournaments. The dinking court is adjacent to two food and beverage trucks, with seating available to eat, dink and be merry.
SpringHill Suites by Marriott in Seattle (1800 Yale Avenue) is offering a discounted room rate of $129 per night (excludes taxes) from 9/27 to 10/2 and discounted underground parking of $25/night. A complimentary hot daily breakfast is included. The hotel’s 234 guestrooms are all suites with king or double queen beds. Bistro on Yale, the hotel’s onsite restaurant and bar, offers full food and beverage service from 4 pm to 10 pm.
T-Mobile Park is within 2.5 miles of the hotel. Pike Place Market, the Space Needle and the ferry to Bainbridge Island are one mile from the hotel. Click on the link to book your hotel stay. Contact Hannah Scherzinger at 206-403-2275 for more hotel booking information.
|Book your group rate for SMPA – Seattle Metro Pickleball Association Group Block
|Start Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2023
|End Date: Monday, October 2, 2023
|Last Day to Book: Friday, September 15, 2023
Three dollars of every ticket sold will benefit the Seattle Metro Pickleball Association. Tickets can be purchased on the Mariners website here.
The pickleball community from Vancouver, BC brought some spice last year with their signs and we hope to see them again.
SMPA invites the pickleball community to make a weekend of it. The Legends Autumn Classic pickleball tournament, hosted by Glen Peterson, will be held from September 28th to October 1st at the Gorin Tenis Center in Redmond. This tournament is expected to draw 800 players to the area to compete.
Seniors competing Thursday and Friday can stay to attend Mariners Pickleball Night on Saturday. Legends Autumn Classic registration opens July 1st on Pickleballbrackets.com.
Things to remember:
- Tickets are $40 each and located in sections 111 through 116 on the main level. See the stadium map above. Overflow sections are 144 and 148.
- The pre-game party takes place on the Rooftop Boardwalk near Section 330 above the Home Plate Rotunda (Home Plate Gate on the stadium map). The party starts at 2:45 pm (or when gates open) and ends at 4:00 pm, shortly before the game begins. You’ll want to be in your seats to watch Tyson throw out the first pitch.
- Mariners Pickleball Night t-shirts must be picked up from Section 339 before the end of the third inning on game day.
- A group purchase of 20+ tickets is not subject to additional fees or taxes, simply a flat rate of $40 per ticket. Your group’s name will be briefly displayed on the scoreboard after the 4th inning and the buyer will receive two complimentary tickets to a 2023 regular season home game.
- The Rooftop Boardwalk dinking court is not a full size pickleball court due to space limitations.
- Tickets are 100% digital and can ONLY be downloaded and transferred to you, friends and family on the MLB Ballpark app or through Ticketmaster. You cannot transfer tickets via photo image due to unique QR codes. One other option is the willcall booth.
- Do not bring pickleball paddles into the stadium. They are considered weapons (yes, we know!) and will not be admitted. Demo paddles will be supplied, and raffle winners will have their prize paddles mailed to them.
- Arrive early. The stadium is expected to sell-out, as this is the last weekend of the regular season. There will be traffic.
- Consider eating before the game. There will be long lines for food and drink, and certain items may sell out.
- Consider reserving a game-day parking spot on a site like SpotHero.
- Only clear purses, clear bags or clear backpacks are allowed in the stadium per the gate and bag policy. No purse, no matter how small, will be allowed. People will be turned away from the gates if they fail to comply with this stadium rule.
- If you have special access needs, such as a wheelchair, you must contact Alexa Olague before the game at (206) 346-4506 to inquire about special seating arrangements.
- SMPA will supply laundry pens for those wanting a permanent signature on their MPN t-shirts and Selkirk foam paddles (limited quantity of foam paddles).
- Raffle is free for Mariners Pickleball Night ticket holders, but you must be present at the pre-game pickleball party to enter.